Monday, October 12, 2009

So glad we don't get WEtv

We house/dogsat for my parents this weekend (happy 30th anniversary, parents!). They have satellite TV and get a lot of different channels. Alan and I traded off dog watching and tv watching--I watched the dog on Saturday while he watched tv, and vice versa on Sunday. Unfortunately, I spent a great deal of time watching WEtv (a channel we, as cable subscribers, don't get). Specifically, I watched a couple episodes of Bridezillas. It's so awful.

I was going to write a post about it, and how awful these women were, and how awkward it is to watch a show like that, to see anyone treating people the way their families and friends (and vendors, for that matter) ended up being treated. But now that I think about it, and think about what I watched, I can't do it. It makes me uncomfortable to even think about the show--I mean, the producers are completely exploiting these women, and these women (though they may act this way anyway) enjoy being exploited. It's gross. Gross! Ladies: do not play into society's expectations of how you should/are expected to act. Fight the WIC!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the kind wishes, my dear. Dad and I appreciate them. Bridezilla - huh....I'm NOT going to watch! I'm NOT GOING to WATCH! Also - very interesting about the songs. Just don't even consider "Wind Above my Wings" or I'll become MOBZILLA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I mean "Wind Beneath My Wings".....Just the thought of it gets me soooo jangled!

    ReplyDelete