Monday, October 19, 2009

Eyes for color!

Emily and I went to The Wedding Party on Saturday for a variety of reasons that don't all pertain to this blog. It's a small but gorgeous boutique on College & Alcatraz in Berkeley that carries about six or seven bridal and formal wear designers. Everything they sell is lovely, and most of it is well priced, plus the ladies who run the place are fantastic.

Anyway. Unforeseen and unfortunate circumstances caused our appointment to be cut short, but fortunately not before I was able to see how the 3 colors Alan and I tentatively picked for our ladies dresses look together (that is a very long sentence). The colors look GREAT! I'd ordered 6 swatches off the Lynn Lugo website based on colors Alan and I both like (we are bipartisan in wedding planning). We played around with them before settling on the 3 we thought were best. It was a great relief on Saturday when I was able to see 2 dresses (one orange, one pink) and a large piece of (blue) fabric hanging next to each other, looking AWESOME. Slap a cream colored sash on each one to pull it all together, and we're good to go.

And now that we have that squared away, it's easier to think about flowers and other stuff that kind of depends on color. We don't have wedding colors--we made the specific decision to not have specific colors--but knowing that our ladies will be looking fly in orange, blue or pink definitely helps with everything else!

4 comments:

  1. yay yay yay! I'm glad that the colors look good together. I was going to go on Monday (today?-- yes, I guess today) and look at the colors and the dresses at the shop that carries Lynn Lugo in Seattle, but they are closed Mondays. So I'll have to go another day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. and I'm happy that you are thinking of a cream colored sash. That will break it up a bit :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I originally wasn't thinking of sashes, but really liked the way it looks (and Emily was enthusiastic too, which helped). And you can tie them however you want! If you do get a chance to look at them in person, the colors are actually called 'riviera' (blue), 'terra cotta' (pink), and 'flame' (orange. And the style is called Amber. So many silly names!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How will my port wine with whatever Siri do with the colors??

    ReplyDelete