Friday, January 8, 2010

News to report!

It's perhaps a bit strange that I ordered my dress so far in advance, but when you know what you want, you get it! And I did. It was originally not supposed to be in until mid-February (still plenty of time to get it altered, etc.), but I got a call from The Wedding Party today saying it's come in early! And I made an appointment to pick it up in 3 weeks (our schedules do not match up well).

I am so excited. I can sort of understand how all those women on Say Yes to the Dress feel, having not seen their dress in a while. And while this is DEFINITELY less than the year that those dresses take), I've never seen my dress in the material I decided upon, so it's a bit nerve-wracking. Clara tells me that it's beautiful, that it turned out wonderfully and is so pretty, which helps a bit (but I also think, you see wedding dresses every day--and aren't they always that way?).

If I hate it, I can always get something else, since it wasn't very pricey. BUT I keep trying to picture myself in something long and different, and just can't do it.

Dress, I will see you in 3 weeks!

1 comment:

  1. Oh yay! I just know you'll love it! I'm so excited for you.

    ReplyDelete